#1: Supporting the Success of Creators:
- Introducing more revenue streams outside of ads, such as channel memberships and live streaming options.
- Investing in shopping features to help creators monetize their content.
- Broadening accessibility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing by expanding access to machine-translated captions in livestreams and Shorts.
- Providing more tools and resources for creators to grow their businesses on the platform.
#2: Building for the YouTube of the future:
- Focusing on TV and streaming features to meet viewers where they’re watching content.
- Expanding Primetime Channels, a hub for TV shows, movies, and live sports broadcasts.
- Using AI-generated technology to expand storytelling and raise production value in creator content.
- Allowing creators to experiment with AI capabilities, such as simulated backgrounds and virtual outfit swapping.
#3: Protecting the YouTube Community:
- Making it easier to find family-friendly videos through YouTube Kids.
- Creating multiple layers of protection for younger users.
- Lifting up high-quality content that helps kids learn and grow.
- Creating a safer and more inclusive space for different ages and communities.
Overall, YouTube’s priorities for 2023 are focused on empowering creators to succeed, building for the future, and protecting the community.