Latest industry news…
- Can the McPlant burger convince the entire world to eat less meat? With its sheer capacity for scale, McDonald’s first big foray into meat alternatives carries a lot of promise for helping the company reach net zero emissions by 2050.
- Video games the next therapy? A startup is using video games to treat health conditions.
- Mark Zuckerberg has finally announced that Instagram will be adding NFTs.
- VShojo, talent agency focused on avatar live streaming, raises $11M. The funding will be directed toward supporting new technology, merchandise, content creation and presence at events such as major conventions in the gaming and anime scenes.
- Netflix to test adding fee for account sharing outside of households. The streamer has previously tried to crack down on password sharing by prompting users to verify their account credentials. It appears that the streamer is always on the lookout for £$$.
- Tinder will now let users run a background check on their matches — and boot users with violent criminal pasts.
- CDs are back! CD sales just rose for the first time in almost two decades. Joining a decade-long resurgence in vinyl