Quick math: YouTube creators earn anywhere from $2 to $10 per 1,000 views. This means that with 20 million views, you can expect to make anywhere between $40,000 to $200,000 . 

If we break down that figure, if you imagine a pie chart, big YouTubers are earning around 20% to 25% from ads. The rest of their revenue is covered by affiliate marketing, brand deals, etc.

Why such a big bracket?

If you’re wondering why its such a big bracket (a difference of $160,000 to be precise), the ad revenue amount for 20 million views can vary greatly depending on several factors;

  • The type of content you create
  • location ( If you got audience from location like US, Canada etc…you will get paid more )
  • The niche you’re in
  • The monetization options you choose
  • The advertiser demand for your video’s topic
  • The advertiser’s budget
  • Your video’s cost per thousand views (CPM), which is the price an advertiser pays for every 1,000 views of their ad. 

Other factors affecting income:

Other factors are the niche your videos sit in (gaming is the highest earning niche, for example) and how well you and your team are able to negotiate.

On a more bummer note, YouTube takes a 45% cut of the advertising revenue generated from your videos. So if you make $100,000 from advertising, you’ll only receive $55,000.

The flexibility and potential for substantial earnings come with challenges, including YouTube’s 45% cut.

However, with strategic choices in monetization options and diversifying revenue through affiliate marketing and brand deals, creators can optimize their income and build a sustainable channel.

FAQs:

What factors contribute to the revenue made from 20 million views?

Several factors contribute to the wide earnings range, including the type of content, location of the audience, niche, chosen monetization options, advertiser demand, and the video’s CPM (cost per thousand views).

What is the highest earning niche on YouTube?

Gaming is often considered the highest-earning niche on YouTube. However, earnings can vary based on the content and audience engagement within each niche.

Why does YouTube take such a big cut?

YouTube takes a 45% cut as its share of the advertising revenue to cover platform maintenance, infrastructure, and support services. Creators receive the remaining 55% of the revenue generated from ads on their videos.

Categorized in: